Universal Tranware Mobile and Middleware
Who they are
Universal Tranware is a leading technology and services company focused on the taxi and limousine industry. The company's newest products are cutting edge mobile applications for Android and iOS tablets and smart phones.
What they needed
Universal Tranware needed a partner who could bring a number of things to the table:
- They needed someone who could support and expand their custom built middleware system, which is the critical link between their mobile applications and their dispatching system.
- They needed someone who could work closely with existing development staff to push their NexTaxi Android application from prototype to production in a short time frame.
- Having worked mainly with contractors in the past, they needed help ramping up their internal development team and laying the foundation for a solid development process.
What we provided
APD was up to speed with their middleware platform in a matter of days and we were deploying production builds within a week. Once we had our feet wet, we started working closely with Universal Tranware's CTO and existing development staff to add the features required for launching their cutting edge mobile application NexTaxi.
APD was also instrumental in expanding TranAir (Universal Tranware's tablet based in-vehicle Android application) and NexTaxi (Universal Tranware's Android phone application). We worked closely with existing development staff to add features, test the application, and ultimately launch NexTaxi in late 2012. You can download a copy from the Google Play Store by clicking here.
Major Features Developed
- Geo-location of fleet service areas
- Payment gateway integration for loyalty cards
- MySQL design and implementation
- Automated middleware test suite using JMeter
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet to Pulsar Meter serial communication over Bluetooth
- Vehicle tracking and mileage via GPS
- Spring MVC
- Sencha ExtJs
- Android SDK
- Apache Maven